Autumn is a great time to visit Outer Banks, North Carolina, especially after you finished binging the new season of Netflix’s popular TV show- Outer Banks. While you will not be going on any treasure hunts (that we know of), you will still be able to explore and enjoy our wonderful group of barrier islands, full of great cuisine, recreational activities, state parks, and so much more! Here at Atlantic Realty, our team is eagerly waiting for your arrival and cannot wait to help you plan the best autumn vacation in Outer Banks. We are truly where your barrier island experience begins! Follow our quick guide on the 10 things to do in autumn in the Outer Banks.
- Watch the sunset and eat sticky s’mores during a beach bonfire in Nags Head (beach fires are limited to certain beaches, so make sure to do your research before setting anything aflame)
- Go birding at Pea Island National Wildlife Refuge, where over 400 migratory birds pass-through
- Grab a pint at one of the top Outer Banks breweries to warm up on a breezy autumn night
- Treat the family to an autumn Outer Banks lighthouse tour
- Swing by in October for the annual Outer Banks Seafood Festival held in Nags Head
- Dunk some staple Duck Donuts into a nice cup of joe to fully wake up for your day
- Admire the wild horses during a trek through the beaches of Corolla, NC
- Dine-in or grab take out from one of Outer Banks locally-owned restaurants
- Reel in the various in-season fish during Outer Banks’ autumn shoulder-season
- Explore the gorgeous Kitty Hawk Woods (bring some comfortable shoes)
Fall in Love with Outer Banks this Autumn
Atlantic Realty’s knowledgeable staff are ready to help you discover how special autumn can be in Outer Banks. With fewer crowds and traffic, your vacation will truly prove to be relaxing. Treat your entire family to an Outer Banks vacation with Atlantic Realty this autumn! From pet-friendly homes to beachside condos, there is something for everyone when you stay with us. Book your vacation online today- see you soon!