You may think of the Outer Banks of North Carolina, lovingly known as OBX, and only picture quaint seaside villages, surfing, fishing, and beautiful sandy beaches. Our lovely barrier island communities do consist of all those incredible attractions, activities, and more. However, OBX is a wonderful place for a romantic getaway, especially during the amorous month of February. You’ll feel like you entered a whole new world, far away from the hustle and bustle of your everyday life.
Treat your significant other to a romantic OBX getaway this year and stay with Atlantic Realty, your premier vacation rental and real estate company in the Outer Banks. When you choose one of our beautiful, diverse vacation homes, your barrier island experience will begin! Follow this easy guide to ten jar date ideas during your OBX getaway and romantic vacation—
Fall Hard during Your Romantic OBX Getaway
You don’t need a jar at all—simply look at our list of ten jar date ideas during your stay with Atlantic Realty, roll a 10-sided die, and the number it lands on is your date!
- Grab a tasty handcrafted brew at one of the top three Outer Banks breweries, like Outer Banks Brewing Station
- Visit a local spa (or two) for a nice, relaxing date all centered on rejuvenation and wellness
- Reserve an intimate dinner experience at Kill Devil Hills’ upscale, eclectic French restaurant, The Colington Cafe
- Spend a day indulging in self-care at 723 Salty Duck — Colony By The Sea Unit 306A, your new favorite cozy Atlantic Realty vacation rental
- Journey down to the beach and enjoy the gorgeous sunrises OBX is known for. Or catch a sunset on the Sound. The Duck Boardwalk is a great viewing spot!
- Go to the Elizabethan Gardens in Manteo and stroll around in lush botanical paradise
- Venture through Downtown Manteo, which was recently voted one of the ten most romantic towns in North Carolina
- Rent a convertible and take your loved one down the Outer Banks Scenic Byway
- Embark on a horseback riding tour, which you can read about on our blog page
- Shop ‘til you drop with your significant other at the Outer Banks locally-owned shops and boutiques and be sure to check out the local discounts offered with the Atlantic Realty Fun N Sun Perks Pass