The idea of being stuck indoors due to a rainy day at the beach isn’t always a fun one, but our vacation rental homes offer loads of amenities and features to keep you entertained! Bust that boredom with Private in-home theaters, TVs equipped with streaming options, game tables including Pool Tables, Air Hockey, Shuffleboard, Ping-Pong, the options are endless! Here are a variety of things you can do when the clouds roll in or when you’re trying to stay safe and “staycation” on the Outer Banks!
Stuck Inside? Try these ideas!
Host and in-home movie night: Stream/rent DVDs, grab some popcorn, candy, and soda, & watch a movie together!
Binge watch a new show (or shows) on Netflix or Hulu
Play indoor Hide & Seek with the kids (and kids at heart)
Create a family playlist & throw a dance party!
Play board games or charades
Take advantage of the private pools and hot tubs (when there is a break in the weather)
Plan an indoor treasure (or Easter Egg) hunt
Listen to Audiobooks or Podcasts
Have a family photoshoot
Create your own bingo cards & have a bingo tournament!
Learn & play a new card game
Snuggle on the couch (or covered porch) & read your favorite books
Do a puzzle– Outer Banks themed puzzles can be found at Duck’s Cottage
Learn to bake/cook something new! (Bonus: Film it as a “family cooking show” or have a group bake/cook off!)
Enjoy live streaming concerts & virtual tours of famous places! Many zoos, theme parks, museums, aquariums, and parks are offering virtual tours of their places.
Put on your PJs and bathrobes & have a spa day
Exercise, Yoga, Meditation with the beach as a backdrop
Learn to crochet or knit — Check out our local store Knitting Addiction for tips, instructions, kits and supplies
Have a family coloring contest
Take on a crossword or Sudoku puzzle
Watch the waves and try to spot a dolphin
Just sit outside your door and…relax. Enjoy the quiet. Smell the salt air and take in the views!
The Outer Banks is one of the best places to be “Stuck” on a rainy day or staycation. Let us help you find the perfect place for your family to relax and reconnect. Sunny days will be back before you know it!
Atlantic Realty rents Vacation Homes and Condos on the Outer Banks of NC. With properties available from 1 to 16 bedrooms, in areas from Corolla to South Nags Head, we are sure to have the ideal vacation home for your family’s size, style and budget. Here are 20 reasons why you should book your 2020 Outer Banks vacation with us!
1.Easy to Use Website – Full of Large Photos and Floorplan Tours, www.atlanticrealty-nc.com makes it easy to find the perfect vacation home available the dates that you want to visit.
2. Online Booking and Payments – Real Time availability allows you to book your vacation anytime – even when our office is closed. View your reservation and make payments whenever you like through our Guest Portal.
3. Pet Friendly Rentals – With over 40 homes available that allow pets, you can bring the entire family on your Outer Banks vacation.
4. Partial Week Stay Search – We offer the ability to search for short stays online. No need to call the office to see what’s available for a long weekend, you can search and book online anytime!
5. Flexible Payment Plan – Book with just 25% down, 25% due by April 15th, and the balance of your reservation due 45 days before arrival.
6. No Credit Card Fees – Unlike some other vacation rental companies, we do not charge guests additional fees to pay by credit card.
7. Knowledgeable and Friendly Staff – Our Vacation Planners live right here on the Outer Banks and can give you the best local advice on where to stay and what to do during your vacation.
8. Senior Discount – Guests over age 65 receive a 10% discount on select homes with Atlantic Realty.
9. Travel Insurance – We offer Travel Insurance to all guests to protect their vacation investment. Anything can happen before or during your vacation, and Vacation Travel Insurance can offer reimbursement in the event of a last minute cancellation or Hurricane Evacuation.
10. Vacay Your Way Homes – This select group of homes provides flexible arrival dates and flexible stay dates year round! Only want to visit for 3 nights in July? No need to wait until the last minute to see what’s left – you can book that vacation today in our Vacay Your Way Homes.
11. Educator Discount – Teachers and Administrators receive a 10% discount on select homes year round.
12. Free Activities – Our Exclusive Fun N Sun Pass provides Atlantic Realty guests with FREE local activities each and every day of their stay. Take a wild horse safari, dolphin cruise, play mini golf and more all for FREE!
13. More Discounts – We’ve teamed up with over 30 local businesses to provide guests with exclusive discounts on restaurants, activities, and services with our Explore the Shore Program.
14. Clean Homes – Our housekeepers are trained and held to the highest standards. Each home is inspected before guest arrival to ensure that you will be satisfied.
15. Keyless Entry – Almost all of the Atlantic Realty homes provide convenient keyless entry with Express Check In. No more having to worry about losing keys on vacation and no need to check into the office when you arrive. Go straight to the home to begin you vacation!
16. H2OBX Ticket Discount – As a partner of H2OBX Waterpark, Atlantic Realty guests get an exclusive discount on waterpark tickets.
17. No Event Fees – Our Event Homes do not charge any additional fees for Weddings, Parties, or Corporate Retreats.
18. Local Heroes Discount – We celebrate Military (Active and Retired), Fire, Police, and EMS workers with a 10% discount on full week rentals year round on participating properties.
19. In House Maintenance – Should any maintenance issues arise during your stay, our friendly and helpful maintenance team will get it corrected quickly so as not to disturb your vacation.
20. Guest Referral Program – Share Atlantic Realty with your friends and family! When they book a 2020 vacation with us, we’ll waive the Admin Fee ($135 value) on your reservation as a Thank You.
It’s official. You’ve always known that you felt better at the beach, now there is actual scientific proof of that fact. It’s long been accepted that being in nature is a great way to lower stress. However, a study published in Health Place, shows that of all the nature you could ‘be in’, that the beach is clearly the superior choice. Here are a few reasons why.
Listen To The Waves Crashing
Waves crashing are a known ‘white noise’ sound, that calms
the body and relaxes the nervous system. Many white noise machines are designed
to mimic this sound, and the most popular ‘sleep tapes’ involve waves gently
crashing on a beach. That sound, (known as ‘non-threats’ to the scientific
community,) can help you achieve a conscious meditative state that is proven to
both heal and strengthen you brain.
There’s Nothing Like The Feeling Of Sand Through Your Toes
You love walking on the beach, and it turns out it’s good for you too. Walking in sand is more challenging to your body than walking on flat roads. However, since this ground works with your body in a natural, forgiving way, (unlike asphalt which is very unforgiving,) you’re less likely to strain yourself while getting a better work out at the same time. Plus, you get to hear waves and smell ocean. And there’s another bonus too. Walking barefoot in all that sand naturally sands off all the dead skin on your feet better than any pedicure. So not only do you feel better, your feet will look great in flip flops!
The Ocean Is A Natural Spa Day
Ever notice how a day at the beach shrinks your pores, heals cuts, and makes your skin look better? It’s not your imagination, and it’s not simply because you’re happy. Its’ because the combination of iodine, salt and other trace minerals in ocean water work as a detoxifier, an antibacterial and an antifungal. There’s nothing better for your skin than ocean water. And when the warm sun opens up your pores, it does an even better job. See, all the more reason to get out there and soak up some sun — Vitamin D!
There’s A Wide Array Of Exercise Available At The Beach
Not everyone likes exercise , but everyone loves playing on
the beach. Whether you’re walking, running, playing Frisbee with the pup,
volleyball with the kids, swimming, jumping waves, digging holes and so on,
there are all kinds of ‘exercise’ you can do on the beach that simply feels
like play. You’ll feel better in both
mind and body, and you’ll want to do your favorite ‘workout’ again.
Smell That Salt Air
Taking your first steps on the beach and inhaling deeply is
practically instinct. And it’s not just your imagination that makes you feel
better. It’s the air itself. The quality
of the air is purer on the beach. The air is actually infused with salt and
negative ions that make it easier to breathe and absorb oxygen into your
lungs. And of course, the fact that
you’re breathing deeper now that you’ve relaxed doesn’t hurt either.
Going on a beach vacation is something that has unending benefits. These benefits were well known to our ancestors, which is why 18th and 19th century doctors often prescribed ‘seaside getaways’. Fortunately, you don’t have to wait for a doctor to prescribe one, (though wouldn’t that be cool,) you can just ‘getaway’ right now.
There’s still time to plan your seaside getaway to the Outer Banks either for a Summer Vacation or Fall Weeks. Check out our available homes here.
Darius Rucker asked in his recent Billboard hit “For the
First Time,” …when was the last time you did something for the first time…”
The Outer Banks of North Carolina has a history of
“firsts.” We were the first English colony in America – located on Roanoke
Island and founded by Sir Walter Raleigh. We were first in flight when John
T. Daniels captured an image Orville and Wilbur Wright’s glider lifting off the
dunes of Kitty Hawk in December of 1903. We were the home of the first
English child born in the new world – Virginia Dare. And, the University
of North Carolina at Chapel Hill was the first public university to open its
doors in America.
Indeed our “Firsts” have a history of being memorable.
Recently, VisitNC, North Carolina’s Tourism Marketing arm, was recognized
for championing North
Carolina’s Firsts That Last campaign when it received a total of nine
AAAwards from the American Advertising Federation. The campaign
prominently featured all of the firsts that
are possible on the North Carolina Outer Banks and focused on one young
family’s first visit to the ocean – reminding us that it is the simplest of
“firsts” that are the most special.
We would like for you to be a part of our summer campaign. Share your “Firsts” photos with us on Social Media (FaceBook or Instagram)using #weAReOBX or email them to share@weAReOBX.com . From all of the monthly photos that are received, we will hold a random drawing of 5 monthly winners (1 each month) for a package of vintage Atlantic Realty swag. This campaign will run from May through September. Join in the fun and share your firsts with #weAReOBX!
Disclaimer – by submitting photos you are allowing us, at
our discretion, to use the photo in future marketing at Atlantic Realty
The entire process from choosing a rental to making payments and checking in was very user friendly. The courtesy calls also show how much you care about your renters and your properties. Thank you for making our vacation so stress free!
- William Riddle
We were very satisfied with our whole experience. We had never rented a house before and you made it extremely easy. This property was perfect for our family because the floor plan allowed for each group to have their own area yet it had enough room for us to spend time together, too.